Our Square Meal System™ offers 100% of a baby’s daily nutrition*. Below is how we have broken this out per age group:
- 4-6 months: time to introduce single-ingredient purees. Baby will start with a few bites and gradually be able to eat 1 container per day.
- 6-8 months: introduce Square Meals. 2 meals per day delivers 100% daily nutrition*.
- Meets minimum recommended servings, but we've left room for additional iron-fortified cereals as we know many moms like to stir in to meals for extra iron.
- 8-12 months: continue with Square Meals. 3 meals per day delivers 100% daily nutrition*
- Meets minimum recommended servings, but we've left room for table/finger foods, so listen to baby's cues and enjoy the inevitable food-throwing that will ensue ;). Feel confident that no matter how many blueberries and peas get tossed at your face, our Square Meals will provide a complete, balanced meal.
- 12+ months: while your little one starts to eat more and more table food, use the purees more as additional foods at mealtime or as a balanced snack!
*100% of baby's daily fruit, vegetable, whole grain and protein servings based on USDA recommendations per the baby's age group.
Remember that these are general guidelines, not a prescription for your baby. Parents intuition and baby's cues are most important.
Do NOT adhere to the "clean plate rule". Forcing your baby to finish a meal when he/she is not hungry could override their natural cue to "stop eating when you're full". Expect a smaller and pickier appetite as the baby's growth rate slows around age 1.